[tor-talk] Running tails headless ... virtualbox ...

John Case case at SDF.ORG
Sun Dec 4 07:28:46 UTC 2011

I have a colo'd server that I want to run tails on.

I do not have physical access to the server, nor does the server have KVM
attached - just a headless box in a cabinet somewhere.

So if I boot the tails ISO in virtualbox ... can I then ssh to the tails system
and use Tor from there ?

Perhaps I need to dump the ISO filesystem, make some changes (like enable sshd,
etc.) and then re-make the ISO ?

Any pointers or comments ?

Tails is really fantastic - the ability to go from zero-to-ToR in a few mmoents
inside of vmware or virtualbox, etc., is fantastic, but not all systems have
KVM...

Thanks.