[tor-talk] Tor Exit Node Operator Raided in USA.

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 07:23:26 UTC 2011

> https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2011/08/why-ip-addresses-alone-dont-identify-criminals
> Well worth a detailed read.

Yet between the lines for those having brains or being in
the know... this is most assuredly not the only case.
I'd bet a home/work/school exit operator gets raided
(inquiried) at least once a week in the US.

This one just happens to be one that met whatever
test case the EFF, TorProject and operator felt worthy
enough for joint publication. Note that I don't recall
the source article calling out the specific traffic type
in question either.

I'd run one at home anyday because I feel Tor is
completely legally defensible, worthwhile, and rewarding
in the US. But I don't because I don't consider my house
a public place with open doors for those who would care
to visit, snoop, and catalog my boring profile until they
decide to move along in search of other droids.