[tor-talk] Vidalia bundle DNS question

David H. Lipman DLipman at Verizon.Net
Thu Aug 18 11:00:20 UTC 2011

From: "Andrew Lewman" <andrew at torproject.org>

> On Wednesday, August 17, 2011 11:56:21 David H. Lipman wrote:
>> How can I best make sure Tor/Polipo use my OS provided DNS servers or
>> specifically provided DNS server(s) to be used when performing a Proxy ?
>
> You can't.  DNS queries will go through Tor. If you query your local DNS
> servers, your dns provider learns every domain you wish to visit. Even if they
> don't see your traffic because it travels through tor, your dns lookups will
> give away what you are doing, when, and how often.

Well that's not good.  You see many DNS servers are poisoning the servers I wish to
contact and when I uses a specified DNS server I get to the host.  When I do Tor many Tor
connections have been DNS poisoned.
I can't use my IP address more than once or I get rejected.

--
Dave
http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp