[tor-talk] Setting up a Tor relay on the hosting server.

cmeclax-sazri cmeclax-sazri at ixazon.dynip.com
Wed Aug 17 18:54:25 UTC 2011

On Wednesday 17 August 2011 12:57:18 William Wrightman wrote:
> 3. I think I am right to say that you could then need to execute the Tor
> binary. So if you have /home_directory_name/tor then you would presumably
> need to SSH in and run the binary.
>
> Or would it be easier to setup a cron job so that the binary starts but
> then stays on permanently?

Tor can be set up (on both Ubuntu and DragonFly) as a service which starts
along with sshd, mail server, etc. I have a slight problem in my setup: my
Tor configuration is at least partly on an encrypted partition, and when I
boot, it asks for the password to the partition, but doesn't mount it. I have
to manually mount it and restart Tor.