[tor-talk] Firefox with Torbutton started hanging - what can I do?

Jack Waugh zqrfvbhhdb at snkmail.com
Thu Aug 11 22:55:31 UTC 2011

In re https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-talk/2011-August/021022.html

> I was able to create a new firefox profile, install Torbutton to that
> profile, enable it successfully and connect to the sample hidden Tor
> website.
>
> Now, how can I fix my old Firefox profile, or should I just use that
> profile only when I want my bank to recognize me, for example.
>
> David Carlson

I think that's a good idea in general. Use one profile for work and
banking, stuff the government is going to know about anyway if they
want to.  Use a distinct profile for politics.  Cookies can carry all
sorts of interesting information back and forth, correlating your
activities and identity, otherwise.

-- Jack Waugh