[tor-talk] Cipherspaces/Darknets: An Overview Of Attack Strategies

Adrian Crenshaw irongeek at irongeek.com
Tue Aug 9 16:54:22 UTC 2011

I sent this out as just an animation test awhile back, this one has
narration an is about 1hr long. This is essentially the talk I gave at
Defcon 19, but I had a little more time to cover the topic in this canned
video:

http://www.irongeek.com/i.php?page=videos/cipherspaces-darknets-an-overview-of-attack-strategies

Darknets/Cipherspaces such as Tor and I2P have been covered before in great
detail. Sometimes it can be hard to follow attack strategies that have been
used against them as the papers written on the topic have been academic and
abstract. What this talk will attempt to do is step back and give an
overview of the topic in a manner hopefully more conducive to the
understanding of security practitioners, giving more concrete examples.
While little to nothing in this talk will be "new and groundbreaking" it
should lead to a better understanding of how encrypted anonymizing networks
can be subverted to reveal identities.

Thanks,
Adrian
--
"The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." ~ W. Somerset
Maugham