[tor-talk] Hijacking Advertising to give a Tor Exit node economic sustainability?

Moritz Bartl moritz at torservers.net
Sun Aug 7 13:11:09 UTC 2011

Hi Fabio,

Before you (or someone else) start to even think about hijacking
traffic, which is against mostly everything the Tor project stands for,
apply or help us apply for grants. There is a large number of grants a
Tor exit node operator, especially if it's an officially registered
non-profit organization like ours, could apply for. We just don't do so
at the moment for lack of time.

Also, a model we at the moment don't announce widely: Offer
organizations and individuals to run a node for them with a name and
(R)DNS entry of their chosing. I could guess several NGOs would like to
see their names on a large node, but don't want to get involved in the
legal stuff.

Another way to go with Tor, as with most other open source projects:
Offer professional help and consulting; for example (try to) sell
private bridges or Torouters.

--
Moritz Bartl
https://www.torservers.net/