[tor-talk] New Tool Keeps Censors in the Dark - mentions Tor.

Zaher F. the_one_man_85 at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 6 07:34:38 UTC 2011

Using Tor via Telex  (added 7/20/11)

Normally, the Telex station is able to see the destination of your proxied requests
(e.g., the “Blocked.com” that you request via Telex). However, it is possible to use
Tor, an anonymity-providing
proxy, on top of Telex. This way, the Telex station will only be able to observe that
you are using Tor, not your ultimate destination.

To use Telex as an entry to Tor, first make sure you've downloaded the Telex client
below. You'll also need our Tor public key file, which instructs the Telex station that you want to be connected to our Tor Bridge instead of our HTTP
proxy. To use this public key, run the Telex client with the additional options shown in bold:

telex-client -k tor.pubkey -p 4444 notblocked.telex.cc

Next, download the Tor Browser Bundle
client (if you don't already have the most recent version), and edit your torrc file
to add the following three lines:

Bridge 127.0.0.1:4444 F580401C7A5EEDD54F2927A1C161E9642D1ADCCC
UpdateBridgesFromAuthority 0
UseBridges 1

At this point, launch the tor_browser_bundle, and a browser window should
open using Tor over Telex. You can use this page to verify that you are connecting through Tor.

i thing this is a good idea instead to use bridges to connect to tor....

Is it like that or what?????