[tor-talk] GSoC Introduction

Sathyanarayanan Gunasekaran gsathya.ceg at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 01:29:30 UTC 2011

 Hey everyone,

I'm Sathyanarayan, one of the few students who have been selected for the
Google Summer of Code to work on Tor. I'm a second year CS undergrad at Anna
University, India.

I will be working with my mentor, Nathan Freitas, on improving Orbot and
extending ORLib. I will be improving the Orbot UI/UX, and adding several
features such as data statistics and also implementing the TorCheck API. At
the moment, ORLib is very minimal. I plan on extending the library and also
creating an ORLib enabled app as a sort of primer for other third party apps
to follow. More details can be found on my proposal[1].

This is my first year participating in Google Summer of Code, and I'm
terribly excited to be part of the Tor community. I've set up a blog on my
site[2], and I'll be blogging on a frequent basis to let others know of my
progress. Also, I'm usually idling on OFTC and FreeNode (nick: gsathya).
Please feel free to drop me a line if you have any comments/ideas on my
project or if you’d just like to say hello!

Thank you,
Sathya

[1] -
http://socghop.appspot.com/gsoc/proposal/review/google/gsoc2011/gsathya/1