[tor-talk] Tor 0.2.2.24-alpha is out
arma at mit.edu
Sun Apr 17 04:18:04 UTC 2011
Tor 0.2.2.24-alpha fixes a variety of bugs, including a big bug that
prevented Tor clients from effectively using "multihomed" bridges,
that is, bridges that listen on multiple ports or IP addresses so users
can continue to use some of their addresses even if others get blocked.
Changes in version 0.2.2.24-alpha - 2011-04-08
o Major bugfixes:
- Fix a bug where bridge users who configure the non-canonical
address of a bridge automatically switch to its canonical
address. If a bridge listens at more than one address, it should be
able to advertise those addresses independently and any non-blocked
addresses should continue to work. Bugfix on Tor 0.2.0.x. Fixes
- If you configured Tor to use bridge A, and then quit and
configured Tor to use bridge B instead, it would happily continue
to use bridge A if it's still reachable. While this behavior is
a feature if your goal is connectivity, in some scenarios it's a
dangerous bug. Bugfix on Tor 0.2.0.1-alpha; fixes bug 2511.
- Directory authorities now use data collected from their own
uptime observations when choosing whether to assign the HSDir flag
to relays, instead of trusting the uptime value the relay reports in
its descriptor. This change helps prevent an attack where a small
set of nodes with frequently-changing identity keys can blackhole
a hidden service. (Only authorities need upgrade; others will be
fine once they do.) Bugfix on 0.2.0.10-alpha; fixes bug 2709.
o Minor bugfixes:
- When we restart our relay, we might get a successful connection
from the outside before we've started our reachability tests,
triggering a warning: "ORPort found reachable, but I have no
routerinfo yet. Failing to inform controller of success." This
bug was harmless unless Tor is running under a controller
like Vidalia, in which case the controller would never get a
REACHABILITY_SUCCEEDED status event. Bugfix on 0.1.2.6-alpha;
fixes bug 1172.
- Make directory authorities more accurate at recording when
relays that have failed several reachability tests became
unreachable, so we can provide more accuracy at assigning Stable,
Guard, HSDir, etc flags. Bugfix on 0.2.0.6-alpha. Resolves bug 2716.
- Fix an issue that prevented static linking of libevent on
some platforms (notably Linux). Fixes bug 2698; bugfix on
versions 0.2.1.23/0.2.2.8-alpha (the versions introducing
the --with-static-libevent configure option).
- We now ask the other side of a stream (the client or the exit)
for more data on that stream when the amount of queued data on
that stream dips low enough. Previously, we wouldn't ask the
other side for more data until either it sent us more data (which
it wasn't supposed to do if it had exhausted its window!) or we
had completely flushed all our queued data. This flow control fix
should improve throughput. Fixes bug 2756; bugfix on the earliest
released versions of Tor (svn commit r152).
- Avoid a double-mark-for-free warning when failing to attach a
transparent proxy connection. (We thought we had fixed this in
0.2.2.23-alpha, but it turns out our fix was checking the wrong
connection.) Fixes bug 2757; bugfix on 0.1.2.1-alpha (the original
bug) and 0.2.2.23-alpha (the incorrect fix).
- When warning about missing zlib development packages during compile,
give the correct package names. Bugfix on 0.2.0.1-alpha.
o Minor features:
- Directory authorities now log the source of a rejected POSTed v3
- Make compilation with clang possible when using
--enable-gcc-warnings by removing two warning optionss that clang
hasn't implemented yet and by fixing a few warnings. Implements
- When expiring circuits, use microsecond timers rather than
one-second timers. This can avoid an unpleasant situation where a
circuit is launched near the end of one second and expired right
near the beginning of the next, and prevent fluctuations in circuit
- Use computed circuit-build timeouts to decide when to launch
parallel introduction circuits for hidden services. (Previously,
we would retry after 15 seconds.)
- Update to the April 1 2011 Maxmind GeoLite Country database.
o Packaging fixes:
- Create the /var/run/tor directory on startup on OpenSUSE if it is
not already created. Patch from Andreas Stieger. Fixes bug 2573.
o Documentation changes:
- Modernize the doxygen configuration file slightly. Fixes bug 2707.
- Resolve all doxygen warnings except those for missing documentation.
Fixes bug 2705.
- Add doxygen documentation for more functions, fields, and types.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
More information about the tor-talk