[tor-talk] Learn to contribute to Vidalia, the open source Tor interface

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Fri Apr 15 06:35:44 UTC 2011

Hello lovely Tor fans,

chiiph (the Vidalia maintainer) is running a session to teach people how
to compile Vidalia, the main Tor user interface.

If you've been waiting for a chance to get involved with moving the Tor
project forward, this is a really good event to go to. Vidalia is probably
the most user-visible part of Tor's privacy offering.

New people are very welcome to attend. If you're just generally curious
about what it's like to build a reasonably big open source project, do
show up! Vidalia runs on Mac OS, Windows, and Linux (and other UNIXy
platforms), so whatever OS you're running is probably okay.

Vidalia is written in C++.

https://blog.torproject.org/blog/vidalia-get-involved

WHAT: "Build it" event for Vidalia
        The point of the event is to teach people how
        to compile Vidalia for their own systems, with an eye toward
        creating new contributors to the project.

WHEN: The event is very soon -- 9 AM US/Eastern.
       Friday, April 15, 2011
       Convert to local time at:
         http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html?year=2011&month=4&day=15&hour=13&min=0&sec=0&p1=0&p2=44
         or with:

         $ date -d 'Fri Apr 15 13:00 UTC'
         Fri Apr 15 09:00:00 EDT 2011

WHERE: irc.oftc.net #vidalia
        http://chat.mibbit.com/?server=irc.oftc.net&channel=%23vidalia
        (if you do not have an IRC chat client)

If you want to attend and but the timing is bad, I hope you'll sign on to
#vidalia anyway. It's on irc.oftc.net.

Again, https://blog.torproject.org/blog/vidalia-get-involved has more
information.

I realize I'm sending this out rather close to the actual event, but I
figure, better late than never.

Yours truly,

--
-- Asheesh.