[tor-talk] endless list of scrubbed circuits

Joe Btfsplk joebtfsplk at gmx.com
Fri Apr 8 19:46:57 UTC 2011

Using vidalia bundle 0.2.10 / 0.2.30 w/ Torbutton 1.3.2a in Vista x64,
Firefox 4.0

incredibly slow, & usually times out.  Much slower than I've ever seen
it unless there was something wrong w/ internet conn in general.  Seems
like it started when upgraded (actually did clean install) of latest
Vidalia bundle.  Not a one time thing - have tried it on diff days at
diff times - always slow.

Software seems to be loading OK - Tor, vidalia, polipo are all running.
Tor chk sites confirm using  Tor exit node.

There's an endless, constantly increasing list of scrubbed circuits -
like below.  It just keeps going thru them like a ticker tape.
"Apr 08 14:36:37.277 [Notice] We tried for 15 seconds to connect to
'[scrubbed]' using exit 'politkovskaja'. Retrying on a new circuit."

NOTE:  I CAN connect to some sites using Tor - so it IS working, it's
just so slow, apparently because of all the scrubbed circuits, it's of
no use for anything.

Any ideas what's causing this behavior?  I did uninstall / reinstall tor
bundle.  Have closed Tor & browser, then restarted - no joy.

Thanks.