[tor-talk] A question about TOR behavior

Damian Johnson atagar1 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 16:43:35 UTC 2011

Are you basing this off connection results (netstat, lsof, ss, etc)?
If so, you're probably being confused by directory fetches which are
done over 1-hop circuits to directory mirrors. If you'd like to dig in
further then I'd suggest giving arm a shot [1][2] - this will attempt
to correlate the connections tor makes against consensus data.

Cheers! -Damian

[1] http://www.atagar.com/arm/
[2] http://www.atagar.com/transfer/tmp/armScreenshot-1.4.2.png