[tor-talk] Google disable web-access to gmail for Tor-users?

Joe Btfsplk joebtfsplk at gmx.com
Tue Apr 5 22:53:18 UTC 2011

On 4/5/2011 3:53 PM, Matthew wrote:
> would be input / stored (maybe for specific country) ?
>
> Not sure if this was answered but you just put the entries in your
> torrc file.

No, it wasn't answered - that I saw.  Thanks.  I know there's a lot on
the Tor proj. site about editing torrc file.  I thought it probably went
there, but wasn't sure.

I mentioned earlier in another reply, that might be easier to use
another mail provider besides Gmail that works w/ Tor, w/o the hassle.
IMHO, if one is concerned about privacy, the last mail provider on my
list to use would be Gmail.  Some others aren't much better, but
google's straight forward about how they're going to scan your email
(and everyone that replies to a Gmail email).  If you have something you
want to keep private, don't send it thru Gmail, for sure.  Probably good
advice, in general.  Or use encryption.

Some providers claim they don't ever scan mail - but I wouldn't stake my
life on them keeping their word.