[tor-talk] Will TOR interfere with anything on my dell laptop with Windows?

Moritz Bartl moritz at torservers.net
Mon Apr 4 18:17:24 UTC 2011

On 04.04.2011 19:58, cluelessboston at Safe-mail.net wrote:
> I need to get TOR in able to see a certain website(s).  I'm nervous about installing it as I don't want it to interfere with my other existing programs and my windows operating system etc.....  does anyone know if this will be seamless?
>
> THanks in advance!

Yes. You can choose to download the "portable" Tor Browser Bundle. Or
you can even install the Vidalia bundle, and all it will do is add the
Torbutton extension to your Firefox. The rest will stay untouched, and
you can remove it any time.

Each application you want to use with Tor needs to be configured to use
it. Many applications can use Tor as a SOCKS proxy properly, but many
others can not. If you want to use Tor just for websites, all you have
to do is install the Vidalia bundle (and enable Torbutton in Firefox).
It is probably good to set up a separate Firefox profile for Tor.

--
Moritz Bartl
https://www.torservers.net/