Orbot transparent proxy working on rooted android?

Stephen Carpenter thecarp at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 02:26:55 UTC 2010

Has anyone had any luck getting orbot working on android 2.2?

I installed it from the market, and it of course, immediately set out
to root the android. I did it, and orbot requested root access, I
granted it.
Then I turned on transparent proxy, and selected "browser" and a
couple of other apps to be proxied. It claims to connect just fine to
the tor network, and is able to build a circuit.

So far I can't get tor check to say I am using tor. Has anyone had success?

-Steve