The best way to run a hidden service: one or two computers?

Jimmy Dioxin jimmydioxin22 at gmx.com
Tue Sep 14 01:26:30 UTC 2010

There's a good guide for this which was written around a year ago
available at:

http://www.olyhackbloc.org/hidsec.pdf

The original post seems to be found here:
http://www.mail-archive.com/or-talk@freehaven.net/msg11575.html

As for virtual machines, if an adversary is able to break through a
fully virtualized machine, another level of protection won't do you much.

If you're worried about an attacker with those kind of skills, you're
better setting up a "drop box" which contains a hidden service server
that you can drop in any area that isn't connected to you. Be creative ; )

Jimmy Dioxin