AdvTor

Anon Mus my.green.lantern at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 9 09:03:59 UTC 2010

andrew at torproject.org wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 07, 2010 at 05:20:08PM +0100, my.green.lantern at googlemail.com wrote 2.3K bytes in 55 lines about:
> : Well, well, well.... suddenly the problem fixes "itself"... after
> : 20+ disconnects and 10+ "You are using a proxy which is changing
> : your data... refusing connection.." over the past 3 days.
>
> This would be a lot better if it came with logs, bug reports, and data.
> It could also be the destination site having problems, or the exit relay
> is overloaded, or sun flares.  The Internet is complex, narrowing down
> the problem to Tor or not Tor is a first step.

I have no idea how to log (privoxy or tor??) these, maybe you could
explain how its done, just in case they start happening again..

1. Connection Disconnected:

The browser has a little message "connection closed" on a white
background (not a privoxy message).

When I watch the exits (using vidalia's "network map" ) that produce
these messages (which are identical to those produced by chinese exits
around 2005/6) I see circuit request which then sits there for about a
minute, until eventually I get the message (above). Rarely the circuit
itself sometimes dies but more often does not. If I ask for another url
(e.g. msn.com etc) - this is immediately serviced correctly within a
second or so.

2."You are using a proxy which is changing your data... refusing
connection.."

This is a short html document, with a black background, a title in bold
"WARNING..", and then the rest in standard font size.