Ubuntu Privacy Remix 10.04r1 out

Ted Smith teddks at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 02:36:42 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-10-16 at 03:54 -0700, Mike Perry wrote:
> Thus spake Eugen Leitl (eugen at leitl.org):
>
> > On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 02:44:59PM -0700, Mike Perry wrote:
> > > Thus spake Eugen Leitl (eugen at leitl.org):

> > > https://www.privacy-cd.org/en/no-network
> > >
> > > I suppose that's one way to address the problem of the network
> > > adversary... Sure looks like this means this post has nothing to do
> > > with Tor, though.
> >
> > Yes, it doesn't have to do with Tor directly, should have
> > pointed that out. However, there's at least some overlap
> > between Tor users and higher paranoia-level folks, and the
> > environment is complementary to Tor in that regard.
>
> There may be some overlap, but all of those people are doing it wrong.

You can't really say that they're doing it wrong. They're just doing it
right to the point of not really doing much of anything. Security is all
about a balance of doing it wrong versus doing it right in a way that
allows you to do stuff. Apparently, UPR's users can do stuff, or at
least I assume they can if they use UPR.