Tor 0.2.2.18-alpha is out

Andrew Lewman andrew at torproject.org
Thu Nov 18 01:18:36 UTC 2010

On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 20:11:44 -0500
Justin Aplin <jmaplin at ufl.edu> wrote:
> I agree that dropping the expert packages might be a good idea, but
> I don't see a reason that the Vidalia bundles should fall behind.

The reason for the delay in packages is the powerpc build machine died
a melting death when the internal fan died over a weekend.  A donor gave
us a powerpc mac mini for a build machine running 10.5.  It's in
process of being turned into the powerpc build machine.  Alternatively,
building from source is very easy once the dependencies are installed.

I'm not sure how well 10.5 binaries work on 10.3 and 10.4 (even with
osx compiles set for 10.3 and 10.4 compatibility).  I guess we'll find
out.

--
Andrew
pgp 0x31B0974B