U.S. begins censoring Internet at U.K.'s request

F. Fox kitsune.or at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 18:19:15 UTC 2010

On 11/06/2010 11:02 AM, Scott Bennett wrote:
>       I wrote:
>> http://news.antiwar.com/2010/11/05/us-censors-muslim-websites-list-of-british-mps-who-supported-iraq-war/
>>
>>      Using exit "chuckthecanuck" gives a Google (!) error page, saying URL
>> not found.  I'll add that exit to my ExcludeExitNodes list with a comment
>> that the reason is due to DNS hijacking that is probably related to U.S.
>> censorship.
>
>       I changed my mind.  I'm adding {ca},{uk},{us} to my ExcludeExitNodes
> list with an appropriate comment for later removal in case the U.S. ever
> calls off its War on the Internet. :-(
>

>                                    Scott Bennett, Comm. ASMELG, CFIAG

A more pragmatic response than my first one:

It's awful soon to be saying it's war, given it's one website. It could
just be an error of some kind, or someone could have taken the site
offline on their end.

It's just something I was taught: Don't be quick to imply malice on the
part of others, since mistakes are far more common.

--
F. Fox