StrictNodes or StrictExitNodes?

Anon Mus my.green.lantern at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 25 17:52:36 UTC 2010

Matthew wrote:
> I think I am correct to say that StrictExitNodes has been negated in
> favour of StrictNodes.
>
> However, when I use StrictExitNodes 1 I have no problems.
>
> When I use StrictNodes 1 and have viable ExitNodes then Vidalia gives
> the error: "Vidalia detected that the Tor software exited unexpectedly."
>
> I am using 0.2.1.26 on Ubuntu 10.04.
>
> Thanks.
This is interesting. I tried it.. and both seem to work for me on my
0.2.2.10-alpha on win2k.

But.. when I tried - WarnUnsafeSocks 0

I get..

Nov 25 17:50:03.015 [Warning] Failed to parse/validate config: Unknown
option 'WarnUnsafeSocks'.  Failing.
Nov 25 17:50:03.015 [Error] Reading config failed--see warnings above.

Tor then bombs out..