Tor Exit Node Sponsorship - looking for partners

Tue May 11 18:39:33 UTC 2010

> Hi,
>
> I don't want to be a party-pooper, but installing just another big node
> (like blutmagie) would still mean
>
> * relatively (still very low) redundancy
>
> * strong agglomeration of traffic on only a few nodes
>
> (thus leading to)
>
> * relatively simple eavesdropping of exit traffic
>
> When speaking in terms of bandwidth, e.g. 150Mbps, then I'd rather
> spread it across n machines with 150Mbps/n each.
>
> Just a thought.
>
>> Cheers,
>> David
>
> Timo

Any new nodes are great, but it does seem like the best option might
be to get people to donate to a pool of money, from which a number of
smaller servers are paid for. Ideally also, there would be a pool of
admins, so a different person could run each node (or at least a few
nodes of the larger pool)?

Al