opening up (exit policy) a bit ...

Mike Perry mikeperry at fscked.org
Sat May 8 22:36:40 UTC 2010

Thus spake Mike Perry (mikeperry at fscked.org):

> This means that your non-Exit flagged node will be weighted like an
> Exit flagged node for the exit position, but will be weighted as if
> you were a non-scarce middle or guard node for the other positions.
>
> In sort, you would in theory get slightly more total load than if you
> were an actual Exit.

On second thought, this is not fully correct. You will in theory get
slightly more load than if you were just a Guard/Middle node. Since we
do not currently balance among different exit port classes, you might
still get less load than a full-on Exit when Exits are scarce, because
80 might not carry that much traffic in terms of bytes as other ports.

Not an easy question to answer in either case. Having good answers to
these questions might help us refine our load balancing algoriths
further.

--
Mike Perry
Mad Computer Scientist