Polipo question

downie - downgeoff2 at hotmail.com
Sat May 8 18:24:49 UTC 2010

> From: jch at pps.jussieu.fr
> To: or-talk at freehaven.net
> Subject: Re: Polipo question
> Date: Sat, 8 May 2010 18:08:22 +0200
>
> >  does anyone know if there is a config file option to turn off all
> >  caching in Polipo?
>
> If you look at the Polipo manual, there's an index.  If you look at the
> index, there's an entry for "uncachable".  If you follow the entry,
> you'll find the config variable "uncachableFile".
>
> --jch

Thank you, I have a recollection of reading that section and not really understanding it - I think I would need a good understanding of how caching works and all the directives first. From what I read, you have to know in advance which URLs you don't want cached, and put them in uncachableFile. That's not really practical. But thanks for trying to help.
GD