Running a stable exit node without interference (Was blutmagie quad core upgrade)

andrew at torproject.org andrew at torproject.org
Sat May 8 12:41:44 UTC 2010

On Sat, May 08, 2010 at 01:57:02PM +0300, maillist at piirakka.com wrote 1.2K bytes in 44 lines about:
: Okay, that cleared things a lot. I Guess that authorities treats that
: ip-range as an ISP.
:
: Last week I was in contact with my ISP and it is possible to have your
: companys etc. information on the ip-range that you use but still it
: shows also the original whois-information.

Smarter ISPs will sub-allocate the range to the customer. This puts the
customer in charge of their abuse complaints, rather than the ISP who
doesn't really want to deal with the abuse complaints at all.

--
Andrew Lewman
The Tor Project

Website: https://www.torproject.org/