Tor Exit Node hosting: torservers.net

Moritz Bartl tor at wiredwings.com
Fri May 28 19:13:46 UTC 2010

Hi Andrew,

> My advice is that if you are trying to attract non-technical people to
> donate money in order to create more relays, your index page needs to be
> far less technical.

Yes, you're right. I'm not exactly the best person to do this (not a
native speaker), but I've revised the index page to make it more clear
(and moved the old index page to an "intro" page). I could use some
graphics or a video, but the only "non-techy" video explaining onion
routing I found is a clip from the US series Numb3rs and not exactly the
most concise: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIDxDMwwlsw :-]

At the moment we're discussing possibly free hidden services/eepsite
hosting on the torservers mailinglist.

> Also, explain how creating more tor/i2p nodes helps the normal person.
> Or, who it actually helps.  And I suggest having two simple
> thermometers; total funds raised and number of nodes possible per year.

A "themometer" definitely needs to be there. I'm thinking about a model
like "1TB per Euro" and a slider so users can set their own level of
participation. Customizations like an own node name, contact information
and DNS name "cost extra".
Progress is somewhat slow because I only can work on it in my spare time.

Thanks for your feedback and your "approval"! :-)

--
Moritz Bartl
GPG 0xED2E9B44