gwget and tor?

Jim Jimmymac at copper.net
Thu May 27 18:49:26 UTC 2010

Scott Bennett wrote:
>      On Wed, 26 May 2010 09:40:29 -0400 "Aplin, Justin M" <jmaplin at ufl.edu>
> wrote:
>> I don't know about gwget, but plain wget supports http proxies, which
>> you can point at Polipo. If you're only going to need to do this every
>> once in a while, I'd pop open a terminal and do the following:
>> HTTP_PROXY=127.0.0.1:8118 && HTTPS_PROXY=127.0.0.1:8118 &&
>> FTP_PROXY=127.0.0.1:8118
>> export HTTP_PROXY && export HTTPS_PROXY && export FTP_PROXY
>> wget your://url.to/download.here
>
>      Once again, I strongly recommend that you set the *_proxy environment
> variables to full URLs rather than to the abbreviated forms you've shown
> above.  See fetch(3) in the man pages for details.

Hi Scott,

This is the second time I've seen you reference the fetch(3) man page,
so I thought maybe I should post.  I believe you run one of the BSDs.
Just FYI, I cannot find a fetch man page on my Linux systems.  I know
that several years ago when I was proxying Lynx I looked up this
information /somewhere/.  I thought it was in some man page but I cannot
find it now.  Maybe I pulled the info off the web? <scratches head>

Cheers,
Jim