Tor Exit Node hosting: torservers.net

Justin Aplin jmaplin at ufl.edu
Tue May 25 23:10:43 UTC 2010

On May 25, 2010, at 6:59 PM, Curious Kid wrote:

> Your use of the Tor name and logo (and style) is deceptive. Why did
> you make your disclaimer in fine print under the website? It looks
> like a copyright notice. Many people won't bother to read it.

Should he have to? The only place I see Tor's logo is where he's
explaining what Tor is. I thought it was pretty clear from a quick
glance that his website is about providing hosting, not competing with
the Tor Project.

The disclaimer I imagine is just that, a "Don't contact me with legal
or support issues meant for Tor's staff." Doesn't exactly have to be
in bold red letters.