[OT] another proxy, but not open source :-(

Aplin, Justin M jmaplin at ufl.edu
Tue May 25 11:10:59 UTC 2010

On 5/25/2010 6:22 AM, Scott Bennett wrote:
>       "Proprietary" means the client companies pay for it, right?  Which
> means they are funding its development, right?  Windows Server releases
> are closed source, right?  And client companies install and use it, right?
> Now, none of that tells us "how many large contributors would be willing
> to install closed-source software that they're not involved in developing
> on their servers", but I should think that the number may be fairly large.

Ha, I see your point. Although by "large contributors" I was thinking of
those awesome souls to run our heavy-duty relays and not corporations. A
quick run-through of our top 50 contributors shows 47 Linux boxes and 3
FreeBSD boxes. I guess I'm just biased into thinking it's the
open-software nuts who most support the cause ;-)

~Japlin