Answer by perfect-privacy.com Re: perfect-privacy.com, Family specifications, etc.

Flamsmark flamsmark at gmail.com
Thu May 20 11:42:27 UTC 2010

Though I appreciate Jim's signature proposal, that could become difficult
and convoluted to implement quite quickly. I think that perfectprivacy's
initial suggestion was actually quite compelling: allow ``#include'' type
statements to be used in a torrc.

Currently, an operator of multiple relays has to edit the actual torrc of
all the relays, which is probably quite fiddly, because they are all
slightly different. With includes, the operator would only have to edit the
``master family'' file, and upload that to the relevant directory on all
their nodes, a much simpler process. Moreover, includes are much easier to
code than any sort of key verification system.

It seems like includes are a relatively simple solution to a relatively
simple problem.