[GSoC] Improving Snakes on a Tor

Damian Johnson atagar1 at gmail.com
Tue May 18 14:33:14 UTC 2010

> One thing I would really like help with is compiling a list of reasons for
> which nodes have been given the BadExit flag.

Hi John. Here's a couple more past discussions concerning bad exits:
JustaNode (ssl mitm?) -
http://www.mail-archive.com/or-talk@freehaven.net/msg11540.html
spacecowboy (content injection?) -
http://www.mail-archive.com/or-talk@freehaven.net/msg10998.html

There's currently four relays marked as a bad exit according to
http://torstatus.blutmagie.de

*capoteATWO*
Misconfiguration - http://archives.seul.org/or/relays/Apr-2010/msg00108.html
http://torstatus.blutmagie.de/router_detail.php?FP=dd0f0a72a773ed5f2ea298be0dd1177560f97a9a

*networkcc958ca* / *netwroke421d2a*
Not really sure why... kinda weird since it's not configured to be an exit
anyway (Reject */*)
http://torstatus.blutmagie.de/router_detail.php?FP=7621f6493a49a4f9da13ff89ca75a08316993a31
http://torstatus.blutmagie.de/router_detail.php?FP=db0e1ce11e3ac37eb4190ffde7653eae9cbdbf20

*PrivacyNow*