How to "wrap" applications in Mac OS X?

andrew at torproject.org andrew at torproject.org
Fri May 14 04:59:38 UTC 2010

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 06:03:49PM -0400, waterwaiter at gmx.com wrote 0.5K bytes in 14 lines about:
: Is there a "torify" equivalent for Mac OS X, or does Torify work on that platform... And if so, can it wrap GUI applications as well? Asking because I'd like certain applications on my system without individual proxy settings to use Tor, and certain apps of the same class not to...

torify doesn't work, you need torsocks.  I use torsocks in freebsd quite
successfully.  I haven't tried it under os x.

If by GUI applications you mean native OS X carbon/cocoa apps, unlikely
unless you can launch them from the command line.

--
Andrew Lewman
The Tor Project

Website: https://www.torproject.org/