Tor documentation

Andrew Lewman andrew at torproject.org
Thu Mar 4 02:38:14 UTC 2010

On 03/03/2010 12:18 AM, zzzjethro666 at email2me.net wrote:
> Hope this doesn't rankle anyone's last nerve but I found this on the
> Onion Forum last night and am wondering how to verify it? I can just
> ask here, "does anyone know if this is true or not and what it might
> mean to someone's anonymity regarding Tor, and the clients trust of
> Tor?

For the record, we release the source tarball and binary packages before
we announce a new version.  In the past, people have become very upset
when we announce a release but only have source code available.

Enough people watch the commits on or-cvs, or in the actual
repositories, that they can build their own tor from source without issue.

I'll give zzzjethro666 credit for trying to validate what was posted on
the Internet.  It's better than blindly believing it as fact.

--
Andrew Lewman
The Tor Project

Website: https://www.torproject.org/