Firefox quits when attempting to download

Erinn Clark erinn at torproject.org
Tue Mar 30 03:52:34 UTC 2010

* emigrant <fromwindowstolinux at gmail.com> [2010:03:29 21:25 +0530]:
> On Mon, 2010-03-29 at 16:01 +0530, emigrant wrote:
> > i use the new tor bundle for linux.
> > whenever i try to download some thing from zshare, rapdishare etc..
> > firefox instantly quits.
> >
> > any idea?
> > thank you very much.
>
> this is the error iv gotten:
>
> Qt: Session management error: None of the authentication protocols
> specified are supported

Hi,

1. Can you re-run it with: ./start-tor-browser --debug and send me the
vidalia-debug-log? I think I know what's causing it to crash, but want
to be sure.

2. Which distribution/version of Linux are you using? I need to look
into this but I think there may be some differences in how session
management is handled between versions of Qt which would cause
authentication failures.

Thanks,
Erinn