How does TOR deal with mac addresses

Michael Cozzi cozzi at cozziconsulting.com
Fri Mar 26 19:05:52 UTC 2010

On 3/26/2010 2:27 PM, Seth David Schoen wrote:
> In the message you're replying to, "the ISP" means your ISP,
> not some other ISP.  It's true that your ISP knows your home
> router's MAC address.  Other ISPs don't.

     As an aside,

     This is true, assuming the upstream protocol uses ethernet
signaling, wasn't there some old point to point protocols where the MAC
was ignored?

     I seem to remember something like that. I know ATM, FDDI,
Bluetooth, and PPP/PPPOE use MAC addresses. SLIP, if my old brain is
functioning, did not.

     I think there were others too. But I'm too old and salty to
remember them all.

     Xerox sure got some mileage off of ethernet addressing huh? I'm
wondering if they made any money on it.

--
Michael Cozzi