How does TOR deal with mac addresses

Marco Predicatori marco at predicatori.it
Fri Mar 26 18:48:24 UTC 2010

emigrant, on 03/26/2010 07:19 PM, wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-03-26 at 18:07 +0000, Al MailingList wrote:
>> and then your home router's MAC only gets as
>> far as the ISP's end point... etc...
>>
> you mean, the ISP would get my home routers mac address?

If you want to have a data link, yes. :-)

> if so that would be like he knows me very well.

Probably he even knows your street address. Don't you get billed for
your connection? So why would you worry about him knowing your MAC
address? If you use Tor correctly, he can't figure out what site you
are connecting to, and that's the whole point.

--
http://www.predicatori.it/marco/