An olg bug in new tor-package

zzzjethro666 at email2me.net zzzjethro666 at email2me.net
Mon Mar 22 05:02:30 UTC 2010

Hello.

I get the same message with that version (Torv0.2.1.25),on Mac OS 10.5.2 ppc
What I've written below is also new to my Tor experience:

Vidalia connects very quickly for me,which is strange since the country in which I live, the internet is slow,spotty and connections can be short, even when not using Tor. In fact,Vidalia's message log never completes telling me what's happening when it isinitially building a circuit for connection to the Tor network.
It's just, suddenly I'm connected.

However, when I went to -  check.torproject.org - ,it tells me I am notusing a Tor node and am not using Tor to connect to the internet!  How come?

I used to regularly do several IP checksafter I had enabled Torbutton and connected with Vidalia,  but after the IP returns were the same IP's,  andfrom different days and sessions, Andrew told me that habits tend to stick outto any kind of adversary, so I stopped.

But, how can I now trust that I am indeedsafe, in the Tor network after Vidalia says I am and Tor check says I'm  not?

Thanks