Polipo question

downie - downgeoff2 at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 20 17:43:31 UTC 2010

> Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 10:52:28 -0400
> From: andrew at torproject.org
> To: or-talk at freehaven.net
> Subject: Re: Polipo question
>
> On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 11:35:49PM -0400, downgeoff2 at hotmail.com wrote 1.8K bytes in 53 lines about:
> :  does anyone know if there is a config file option to turn off all caching in Polipo?
>
> I think you have to compile it without caching.  Have you tried setting
> chunkhighmark and objecthighmark to 0?

Thanks for the suggestion; I don't compile myself.
/Applications/Vidalia.app/Contents/Resources/polipo.conf:62: unknown config variable diskCacheRoot
/Applications/Vidalia.app/Contents/Resources/polipo.conf:71: unknown config variable localDocumentRoot
Impossibly low objectHighMark -- setting to 16

almost but not quite :-/ it's still caching small files at least.