Automated threat messages force limitation of Exit Policy (Softlayer)

Mike Perry mikeperry at fscked.org
Wed Jun 30 11:25:56 UTC 2010

Thus spake Moritz Bartl (tor at wiredwings.com):

> >Please get back to us in a week or so with info on your abuse
> >complaint rate with the new policy. I'll update
> >https://blog.torproject.org/blog/tips-running-exit-node-minimal-harassment
> >with the policy if it does in fact drastically reduce your abuse
> >complaint raint.
>
> It does. There are still some old complaints by MediaSentry and BayTSP
> being forwarded, but the timestamp clearly show dates before I changed
> exit policy.

Ok, I've updated
https://blog.torproject.org/blog/tips-running-exit-node-minimal-harassment
with this information. Let me know if there is anything else you think
might be helpful, too.

> I will soon set up a (b)log about all incidents. I'll also talk to a
> lawyer (and friend of mine) if I am allowed to publish all complaints.

A blog would be great. Another option besides publishing the actual
complaints would be to draft template response letters for various
cases and publish those. I'm sure other potential exit operators would
greatly benefit from such a collection, and it would be a great thing
to link to in that post.

--
Mike Perry
Mad Computer Scientist