Automated threat messages force limitation of Exit Policy (Softlayer)

Moritz Bartl tor at wiredwings.com
Tue Jun 29 14:38:52 UTC 2010

>>> I also allow 465 and 563. Those are used by authenticated SMTPS and
>>> NNTPS.
>> Thanks. I have added them to the exit policy.
> Please get back to us in a week or so with info on your abuse
> complaint rate with the new policy. I'll update
> https://blog.torproject.org/blog/tips-running-exit-node-minimal-harassment
> with the policy if it does in fact drastically reduce your abuse
> complaint raint.

It does. There are still some old complaints by MediaSentry and BayTSP
being forwarded, but the timestamp clearly show dates before I changed
exit policy.

Other than that, I have recieved a few SpamCop reports, most of them
about spam being sent through HTTP/Webmail, but two recent ones about
spam being sent through ESMTP, eg:

	by mtaout-ma04.r1000.mx.aol.com (MUA/Third Party Client Interface) with
ESMTPA id 54B3FE000091 for <x>; Mon, 28 Jun 2010 19:36:22 -0400 (EDT)

Fortunately, SpamCop uses my direct contact address now instead of going
through my ISP.

I will soon set up a (b)log about all incidents. I'll also talk to a
lawyer (and friend of mine) if I am allowed to publish all complaints.

--
Moritz Bartl
http://www.torservers.net/