Encrypt for browsing

zzzjethro666 at email2me.net zzzjethro666 at email2me.net
Thu Jul 8 12:03:50 UTC 2010

Hello.

If I use Tor onthe Spider's Web I was cautioned that I need to take measures to encrypt it. So,using the Tor Browser Bundle from a USB volume, how does one go aboutencrypting? And what does one encrypt?

The first questionI had that was answered was that I could simply look at the URL and add an "s"to http. Thanks to Runa. So, since I have to do a lot of assuming, this wouldbe before clicking or hitting return for going there. Duh, right? But, thenwhat happens if it is changed back to http without an "s"? Does thismean that particular site doesn't do httpS and my anonymity has beencompromised?

I think the firstpart is correct, that the site doesn't, but I'm not sure about anonymity.

Maybe, my questionshould be, more exactly,  what is it I amto encrypt and how do I do that?

Am I to encryptthe USB drive, the OS, which I cannot do at an internet cafe. I have to do allmy web stuff at internet cafes now, because personal internet service here isvery poor. Plus, if I use Tor for that (the regular Spiders Web), which Ireally haven't done, then I am able to access some regular, normal sites thatare blocked. They block many here and for the vast amounts of research that Ido, and I do a lot of it, I need Tor just to get my work done in a reasonableamount of time as far as finding information.

You'd be surprisedat what is blocked. Well, maybe  youwouldn't. Some is so trivial, or seems that way, but to someone, somewhere, andsomewhere in their reptilian brain, they are lacking cells to think criticallywith. They teach drawing here only one way. Can you imagine? There is only oneway to draw the human head, eyes, etc. It's frustratingly interesting, dumbingand numbing in the overall, long-term effects. I didn't know we all look likethat, but we do!

Also, if I'm notworried about losing too much functionality by using NoScript, is it possibleto put NoScript into the Tor Browser Bundle with Firefox? Does it attach itselfto Firefox like a leech? You know what I mean, I hope. :)

Thanks

You people arejust so brilliant, understanding this stuff. You all must have come fromanother planet, but I, crawled. This I am sure of.