Automated threat messages force limitation of Exit Policy (Softlayer)

Wendy Seltzer wseltzer at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 06:20:00 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 8:41 AM, Moritz Bartl <tor at wiredwings.com> wrote:

> I have started to collect statistics and some of my answers on a wiki page:
> http://www.wiredwings.com/wiki/Torservers.net_Main_Page#Statistics
> So far, there's not been a single real conversation with anyone about the
> legal status.

Documenting your experience is helpful, thanks!  I hope you can also
get to the root of the problem.

I can't give you legal advice, but I've operated Chilling Effects for
7+ years without encountering any serious problems publishing
cease-and-desist letters people have received.  I haven't heard that
the postings have caused anyone else trouble either.  We've said that
posting the letters is necessary to analysis of their legal claims,
and therefore fair use, see
<http://www.chillingeffects.org/faq#QID700>

Best,
--Wendy