Avoid TLS renegotiating error on FreeBSD 8.0.Unable to link to parallel openssl libraries.

Scott Bennett bennett at cs.niu.edu
Sat Jan 9 23:32:22 UTC 2010

     On Sat, 9 Jan 2010 15:12:36 -0800 (PST) Luis Maceira
<luis_a_maceira at yahoo.com> wrote:
>I built/installed openssl-0.9.8l on /usr/local/ssl/ ,the tor configure script when run recognize according the messages
>this openssl (I used the configure option --with-openssl-dir=/usr/local/ssl/lib,but in fact the resulting tor binary is

     I am mystified.  Why on earth did you do that?  The port normally installs
itself into /usr/local/openssl.

>linked to the system openssl libraries (verified with ldd) ,then the resulting TLS renegotiating error.

     Did you not install it from the ports tree as suggested many times here?

>How can I force tor to be linked to openssl on /usr/local/ssl/ instead of the system openssl? The option

     Again, why there?  The impression you give is that you are trying to find
ways to make it fail, rather than to do what has already been shown to work.

>--with-openssl-dir=/usr/local/ssl/lib does not work.It seems to work according to configure messages,but in fact
>it is linked to the system openssl.

                                  Scott Bennett, Comm. ASMELG, CFIAG