How to exactly determine country of an exit node

Nico Weinreich info at web-unity.de
Sun Jan 3 18:07:23 UTC 2010

Olaf Selke schrieb:
> I supposed all.de using a stale GeoIP db version.
> https://torstatus.blutmagie.de using a more recent GeoIP database
> correctly shows GB for this tor node.

OK. Could it be that this ip address changed the owner in the past and
because of this your GeoIP db shows the correct country and all.de shows
the wrong country? I thought about to cache the whois query for an ip
address locally in a file. So I have to renew the local cache after a
given time to be sure, changes in ripe db are taken into account.
BTW: do the tor status homepages show the available servers in real time?

Cheerio