tor-proxy.net

Benjamin S. webmaster at tor-proxy.net
Sun Jan 3 17:34:09 UTC 2010

Hi Kasten,

you're writing:

> Your IP address will be logged together with the called URL and
> timestamp! I do not know, why Benjamin is logging like full data
> rentention. (May be, I did not see the ads?)

These logs (from lighty) are only made for technical reasons, only for
24 hours and only in RAM:

> To run a service such as Tor-Proxy.NET is not possible without
> collection some of these data, since they are indispensable for
> technical and statistic purposes. On the other hand I have to avoid
> that over detours this data could be used, to link to the person who
> used Tor-Proxy.NET.
>
> This is sometimes possible for example by means of the IP address.
> Therefore with each access the IP address of the user is only stored
> in form of a MD5-hash-value, and only for 24 hours. In order to
> prevent attacks by using Rainbow tables, additionally to the IP a
> random value is also included into the computation of the hash value.
>
> Thus the hash value is clear, it cannot be reckoned back with the at
> present available technology. Instead of 127.0.0.1 + $random value so
> for example a1ef5be68022281bd995b3bfba8ae403 is stored. All log files
> of the current processes are stored only in a RAM disk (a volatile
> memory) and are deleted after 24 hours irrevocablly.

But it's true that I do log; read my mail in response to M from 18:26. I
really regret this, and I'm doing it as transparent as possible.

Regards,
Benjamin.

--
Surf anonymously and reach Hidden Services by using TOR, JonDos (JAP)
and I2P with https://tor-proxy.net .