Memory usage on relays

John Brooks special at dereferenced.net
Thu Jan 28 18:51:05 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 9:29 PM, John Brooks <special at dereferenced.net> wrote:
> Thanks for the prompt replies. I've got a custom-built Tor with
> openssl 1.0.0-beta4 running now; i'll keep an eye on it and see if
> things run better that way.
>
> I'll let you know in a few days how things are going with this new setup.

As a belated update/conclusion to this thread, I've had Tor running
with openssl 1.0.0-beta5 for a bit over 7 days now. Current memory
usage is 133MB res, 155MB virtual, with 2107 open FDs. This is a very
significant improvement over the 750MB I had before, with the same
uptime. The SSL buffers do seem to have been the problem.

Thanks to everyone who helped.

 - John