Latest OS X update breaks Tor

andrew at torproject.org andrew at torproject.org
Sat Jan 23 03:07:45 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 03:06:43PM -0500, arma at mit.edu wrote 0.5K bytes in 16 lines about:
: It looks like the latest OS X update removes a feature from the system
: OpenSSL library, and Tor needs this feature to operate.

To be clear, this is snow leopard, OS X 10.6.x.

: We're aiming to have a fixed bundle (that statically links openssl) out
: in the next week or so.

Hah, news to me.  Last I tried this it was full of fail.  I guess I'll
try again.

If someone has snow leopard and wants to coordinate with tor-assistants,
we're interested to debug.  Tor doesn't have a snow leopard build
machine.

--
Andrew Lewman
The Tor Project