Tor-ramdisk 20100115 is out.

basile basile at opensource.dyc.edu
Fri Jan 15 17:36:30 UTC 2010

Andrew Lewman wrote:
> On 01/15/2010 10:13 AM, arshad wrote:
>
>> is this a project supported/acknowledged by torproject?
>>

> Yes, it's acknowledged.  It's a great way for people with dedicated
> hardware to run a Tor relay.

Thanks Andrew.

Let me just make it clear to the list that tor-ramdisk is in essence
just a Linux distribution, albeit an unusual one dedicated to one and
only one purpose.  Its life cycle is like what we do over at Gentoo,
which is grab source from upstream (when its ready) and bundle it
together into a working distro.

The big difference seems to be that I've never had to send bug
reports/feature requests back upstream.  The code base is well written
and compiles/links no problem on diverse arch's and against both uclibc
and glibc --- kudos.  The only problems I've hit have come from the
hardening with the compiler, but that's our problem in hardened gentoo.

--

Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
Chair of Information Technology

(716) 829-8197