tor-proxy.net

andrew at torproject.org andrew at torproject.org
Fri Jan 1 13:39:18 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jan 01, 2010 at 03:52:17AM +0000, moeedsalam at gmail.com wrote 0.8K bytes in 22 lines about:
: tor-proxy.net
: Is it a good alternative if i am out without my TorBrowser Bundle?

To be clear, this service has nothing to do with us as the Tor Project. Years ago we asked
for a disclaimer, http://tor-proxy.net/?q=en/node/1#official.  He didn't
get the Tor url correct.

: Whats the diff between the First option (express)and the third?

You should ask him, http://tor-proxy.net/index.php?q=en/node/7.

I don't think anyone from Tor has actually met the operator, Ben.  I
can't make a value judgement on if this is good or not.  I like the fact
there is no client install, just connect and use Tor.  I'm concerned
that even if Ben is an upstanding privacy activist and truly logs
nothing, the connection to his dedicated server could still be watched
and logged by someone else.

Perhaps Ben is on or-talk and can explain his experiences and the setup
of tor-proxy.net in more detail.

--
Andrew Lewman
The Tor Project